Ullage Temperature Interface (UTI’s)
IM&M’s in-house Engineers can provide advice on the most appropriate tank measuring system for your application, with a choice of leading brands such as:
We also offer competitively priced, comprehensive service on a wide range of ullage temperature and interface detectors (UTI’s) and sampling devices in our fully equipped laboratory, where all measurements are traceable to national standards.
IM&M can also provide competitive quotations of any parts or spares, for example storage barrel assemblies or replacement of tapes, measurements available include: 15M, 30M and 40M.
IM&M are an authorised reseller / distributor of Tanktech spares and equipment, please click the following link for details of their current range of products: http://mobile.tanktech.co.kr/ecatalogm.html
IM&M can offer calibration of the following:
- Temperature calibrators
- Ullage Temperature Interface (UTI)
- Infrared temperature measurement
- Pressure calibrators
- Pressure gauges
Click here to contact us for a quote
Types of UTI’s include:
- Restricted type portable oil / water interface detector
- Gas tight type portable oil / water interface detector
- Restricted type cargo liquid sampling device
- Gas tight type cargo liquid sampling device
- Inert gas sampling hose and adaptor
- Pressure gauges
- Tank bottom liquid and sediment checking device
Key facts about UTI’s
- UTI meters are portable liquid level gauges used to measure the amount of hydrocarbons and chemicals in a ship’s tank.
- UTI devices are used to measure the temperature and oil-water interface on tanker vessels using a sensor probe attached to a measurement tape.
- They comprise of a sensor probe, measurement tape, display unit and winding drum.
- The measurement tape length can vary from 15m to 40m and temperature range of -40°C to 110°C depending on the manufacturer.
- An annual shore service is advised to ensure that the UTI is in good order and has accurate measurements.
- They can be OPEN (Restricted) or CLOSED type. Closed type offers a gas tight body to prevent hazardous gases escaping from the measurement tank.
- Conversion fittings for UTI’s can be purchased to enable existing deck fittings to be used with a different UTI manufacturer.
- All UTI’s have earth grounding capabilities for safety implications.
- Chemical Tankers
- Crude Oil Tankers
- Clean Product Tankers
- Offshore storage Tanks
- Slop Tanks
- Tank Farm Storage and Tanks Slop - Solvents Tanks Farms
|Equipment Type||Function||Compliance with|
|Closed type portable oil / water interface detector (UTI)||Ullage level
Oil – water interface level
|SOLAS 1974, REGULATION 60, PARAGRAPH 7
IMO, MSC/Circ 551 (IBC BCH CODE)
IMO MARPOL 73 / 78 ANNEX I-CHAP II – REGULATION 15, (3) (b)
IMO RESOLUTION MEPC 5 (XIII) ANNEX 4
|Cargo liquid sampling device||Liquid sampling||OCIMF, API STANDARD RESTRICTED WITH CLOSED SAMPLING OF LIQUID SAMPLING|
|Inert gas sampling hose and adapter||Oxygen and flammable gas concentration measuring||IMO REQUIREMENT ON TANKER SAFETY AND POLLUTION PREVENTION, 1978-RESOLUTION A, 446(XI) 4,4,4|
|Pressure gauge||Inert gas pressure gauging||IMO REQUIREMENT ON TANKER SAFETY AND POLLUTION PREVENTION 1978-RESOLUTION A,446(XI), 6,6 (b)|
|Tank bottom liquid and sediments checking device||Tank bottom dryness and sediment checking||IMO REQUIREMENT ON TANKER SAFETY AND POLLUTION PREVENTION, 1978 RESOLUTION A,446(XI) 4,4,4|
|Shut on / off valve||Vapour locking installation of portable tank measuring system||IMO MARPOL A973 / 78 ANNEX I, REGULATION 13b (3) SOLAS 1974, REGULATION 60 PARAGRAPH 7
(REQUIREMENT OF CLOSED ULLAGE SYSTEM)
IMO MARPOL73 / 78 ANNEX I-CHAP II-REGULATION 15, (3) (b) SOLAS REGULATION 62, PARAGRAPH 17